Saturday 14 June 2008

Waiting in Copenhagen

We made it to the plane on time - quite a feat given we both worked non-stop right up until leaving for the airport. Flying with Singapore we tried out the new A380 monster jet.
First impressions:
Quiet
BIG
Smooth
I don't have to duck!
Great big screens and so much entertainment we could have watched movies, TV shows and listened to new music for weeks here alone. (we both managed 3 movies) The food wasn't too bad either - and plenty of it. Why am I always hungry on the plane? Maybe it's because I hadn't eaten all day before leaving.
We managed to secure exit row seats too - which is heaven for my legs.

We arrived at the new Singapore terminal 3 - it feels like an upmarket shopping centre - nice. We met up with an acquaintance from Sydney who was on our same flight (jealous of our seats) but that was very cool. If you're reading this Matt in London - you know who it was...

And now after the longer leg in a slightly older plane we arrived reasonably well rested in Copenhagen - now awaiting a connecting flight to Stockholm. But the waiting here ain't so bad. Sunny day outside and inside, for those who appreciate the Scandinavian look in their men - this is what you'd call heaven (for those who prefer this look in women - ditto - but I can't go into detail for you...).

Unusually for us we're already overweight in luggage allowances (our camping gear hasn't helped) so we're gonna find it hard to not buy some of the great design we've already window shopped here at the airport.

I know I'm not in Sydney any more, but I'm not quite feeling like I'm on holiday just yet.

2 comments:

Happy said...

Hey boys, how ridiculously fun that you are visiting Scandinavia. Hope you're having a good time, and let me know if you need some connections on your way! :)

All the best, give my regards to the royal families, I'll be home soon.

Superchilled said...

A belated thanks HBB. Doing well on our own at present - though sometimes at various points it would be good to have instantly accessible guides! Ah well. Any suggestions for in and around Jotunheimen? and Oslo too for that matter?